Tuesday 28 January 2014

Handfasting Card

Hi Crafty Friends,

Once again, I thought I'd go for something different. I was asked to make a card for something I've never heard of. Handfasting of hand tieing is a wicker/pagan ceremony of marriage. As I'd never heard of it before, I was given an image to work with but that was it.  I came up with this.


The finished size of the card is 8 x 8.

You will need,
8 x 8 card blank
Gold mirri card
Red card
Black card
Gold holographic card
6 print outs of the issued image
 Red ribbon 12 km
Hougie board

Using hougie board, place card blank against the butt end and score at 2 inches. Open the card up, and repeat the score line on the inside of the card. This will become an edge.
Using the gold mirri card cut two pieces. One measuring 1.75 in x 7.75 in. The other 5.75 x 7.75. Mat this onto the card blank. Using strong red tape, stick the inside edges together.  Using red card cut this to 5.5 in x 7.5, mat this onto the mirri leaving a quarter inch border. Cut the gold holographic card to 5.25 in x 7.25, again mat onto the red card, again leaving a quarter inch border.  Finally cut the black card,  5 x 7. Layer this on the holographic card. The actual image size was slightly smaller than 5 x 7, which fit perfectly. I decoupaged the image to give 3D effect using 5 layers.   To finish the card I used paper roses around the corners. I also plaited the ribbon to the length of 8 inches. Attached this to the 2 in edge to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment