Monday 23 June 2014

Putting On the Deco Glamour

Hello Friends, Bloggers and potential Followers and welcome back to my little creation station where I can share my love of paper crafting with you.

  It was warm here in Blackpool over the weekend, and I must confess, my Son was home until Sunday, so I sort of neglected my crafting to time with him as it will be at least a month before I see him again.  He's gone to Kenya with work, so praying for a safe return but hopes he enjoys the experience while he's there.

Back to the card I'm sharing with you today, some Deco Glamour to start the week.  The imagery is from Debbi Moore - Deco Rome cd.  The idea comes from within. I love the glitz and glamour of the deco era, and I hope that shows in my card.  So to a couple of photos.  The boxed card and the actual card inside

MATERIALS USED


















FOR THE CARD
A5 CENTURA PEARL CARDSTOCK X 3
DECOUPAGE IMAGE FROM CD 
BACKING PAPER FROM THE CD
SILVER HOLOGRAPHIC CARD
MARABOU FEATHERS
FAN TEMPLATE PRINT OFF FROM THE CD
PINFLAIR OR COLLALL 3D GLUE
DOUBLE SIDED FOAM PADS
GOLD STICKLES

Make up the decoupage topper, remember to fix the feather behind the images that include feathers,  I build up with foam pads, placing them in the centre of the back of the image.  It give the card some shape rather than being flat.  When the topper is finished set aside,
On the silver holographic, trace around the silver fan,cut out, following the instructions on the template, score and burnish the fan to give it shape and substance,
Attach this to the back of the topper.making sure that the card becomes no larger than 8 x 8 inch.
Make up an A5 Portrait Easel.  Prior to putting the card together place the topper including the fan on top, draw around it.  Then lay the topper on top of the front of the card mark off where you can see, then taking care, cut away the. Secure the topper to the front of the card.  Position the backing paper on the base of the easel card, cut away the excess and embellish,  I personally prefer this method.  I cut a small tag with happy birthday and personalise the name on it, layered this onto a small piece of holographic, fix this into place on the base of the easel card as a stopper.

FOR THE BOX

2 X A4 CENTURA PEARL (HINT OF SILVER)
A4 SHEET OF HEAVY WEIGHT ACETATE
PEEL OFF EDGING
CRAFTER'S COMPANION ULTIMATE PRO

This box is to fit an 8 x 8 card.  Centura pearl is excellent card with substance use for boxes.  Cut the card down to measure 10.5 x 10.5 inches. Both sides MUST be exactly the same size.
On the base side of the box maker, score around each side at 1in, I usually turn the card and score again on the underside, then make up the base of the box,
REMEMBER TO TURN THE PRO AROUND BEFORE YOU SCORE THE LID
Score around the lid at 1in on all sides making sure you are on the Lid side of the Ultimate Pro
Turn and score again on the underside.  
Measure in an inch from the score lines on all four sides and cut out an aperture.  Cut the Acetate to 7.5 x 7.5 in, attach to the inside of the lid.  Make up the box lid. Decorate with Peel off''s to give the box an extra special finish.

That's all for today.  Thanks so much for your time in visiting me.  Hope you will drop by again soon.

Crafty Hugs
Jo xxx


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Jo hun great job - well Andy Murray did win today's match so onwards and upwards - hope that you are enjoying blog land and thank you for visiting my blog hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually sussed out how to enter something on your blog today lol. Thanks Judith, xx

      Delete
  2. This is really beautiful Jo, love the fan it really sets it off . Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you had a nice weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nicky Wilcox, I really appreciate your time and very kind words,
    Craft Hugs
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete